The Abode Story
DID YOU KNOW? Cocamidopropyl betaine used as a detergent in most 'natural' cleaning products was voted allergen of the year by the American Contact Dermatitis Society in 2004.
Would you sell your home to follow what you believe in? We did! Nicole Bijlsma (Abode Cofounder)
Nicole and her husband Mark have devoted five years to create a range of products that would revolutionise the industry and set a benchmark for cleaning products in health food stores. The Abode Cleaning Product range has been specifically formulated from the ground up to ensure they are devoid of nasty chemicals typically found in the great majority of cleaning products. Whilst the majority of 'green' cleaning products are environmentally friendly, few have been developed to consider the health of your family. Running a college in Building Biology, we realised early on that there were alot of problems with the cleaning products marketed as natural. For a start, most of them do not work well, they are considerably more expensive than supermarket brands, and they contained chemicals that are lung, skin and eye irritants. Why would you put them on your hands or in your clothes?
Being parents ourselves we understand what you expect from the products you buy. We have gone to extreme lengths to ensure that our products work as well as the leading brands, comply with the new European REACH Directive without the use of nasty chemicals. They are made in Australia to stringent standards using the best natural ingredients that money can buy. For example, our Tea tree toilet gel is made from food grade xanthan gum found in many food products whilst our pure Eucalyptus essential oil is grown in rural NSW.
- Specifically made from the ground up for people with skin and chemical sensitivities
- Food grade ingredients are sourced wherever they are available. Technical grade ingredients used by other cleaning products are likely to be contaminated with heavy metals
- Grey water and septic tank safe
- No phthalates or artificial fragrances as they are sources of hormone disrupting chemicals
- Free from petrochemicals, palm oil, zeolites, phosphates and much more...
- Australian made and owned because we love this country!
Where can I buy Abode products?
Abode is available throughout health food stores, eco stores, co-ops and organic grocers across Victoria, South Australia, NSW and Queensland.
Victoria: Terra Madre (Northcote), Kew Organics (Kew), Fertile Ground Health Group (East Melbourne), The Environment Shop (Thornbury), Australian College of Environmental Studies (Bayswater, VIC), Just Healthy (Heathmont), Aunt Maggies (Balaclava), Des Lardner Organic (Horsham), Ikoleji (Beechworth), Go Vita Stores
- Australian College of Environmental Studies. VIC. 1300 889 845
- Aussie Health Products. QLD. 1300 780 867
- Australian Natural Care 1300 365 020
- Golden Glow 1300 901 656
- Natural Health Organics. NSW. 02) 6624 7820
- Nourished Life. NSW. 02) 9958 0547
- Shop Naturally. NSW. 02) 4353 5465
Distributors: Oborne Health Supplies (Vic/SA/NSW/Qld), Kadac (Vic/NSW) and Complete Health Products (Qld/NSW)