10 Aug ABODE Cleaning Range
Would you sell your home to follow what you believe in? We did!”
The Etheco story begins in June 1999 with the establishment of the Australian College of Environmental Studies. Husband and wife team Mark Netherway and Nicole Bijlsma began to realise the extent to which homes were the underlying cause of many illnesses. As the leading educator of health hazards in the built environment, they were continually frustrated with the cost and poor quality of cleaning products marketed as ‘natural’ – the great majority of which were not much better than what could be found on a supermarket shelf. So they set out to create a range of products that would revolutionise the industry and set a benchmark for products in health food stores. ABODE Cleaning Products website.
No one makes cleaning products like we do.
At Abode, our priority has always been on health of you and your family. Our range was developed from the ground up by people with chemical sensitivities, and to work as effectively as the commercial market leaders. All Abode cleaning products are plant and mineral based. They contain no nasty chemicals. Abode only use FOOD & PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE ingredients in their products, which mean they are 99.99% pure, no fillers and nothing hidden. Many other companies source only INDUSTRIAL grade ingredients, which is only 72% pure….so who know’s what else is in there?
Why Abode has become Australia’s preferred natural cleaning brand;
- Abode products contains NO nasty chemicals – this includes phthalates, petrochemicals, harsh detergents, artificial fragrance and many other toxic ingredients found in commonly used household cleaners
- High performance and low cost. We use the highest food and pharmaceutical grade ingredients (over 99.9% purity) and pure essential oils in our products.
- Proudly Australian made and owned. We’re a family business based in Melbourne, passionate about our products, supporting local businesses and appreciate our loyal customers.
- Because the health of your family matters! We trust the safety of our products so we only test them on people – not animals! The Abode range is 100% cruelty free and vegan friendly
- We care about our environment. Our ingredients are sustainably sourced, environmentally friendly and grey water safe. All products are available in refill and bulk sizes to minimise waste.